Thursday, January 12, 2012

UPDATE: Miyakoshiya Coffee 宮越屋珈琲 022-225-7111


UPDATE, OCT. 13, 2013:  UNFORTUNATELY, THIS CAFE IS NO LONGER IN BUSINESS AS A CAFE.  I VISITED MITSUKOSHI DEPARTMENT STORE YESTERDAY AND I FOUND THAT IT NOW ONLY SELLS COFFEE BEANS.
I WAS SORRY TO SEE THIS PLACE GO.
OH, WELL.
If you'd like, continue to read the post to see what you missed out on.


Website: http://r.tabelog.com/miyagi/A0401/A040101/4008025/dtlphotolst/



If you haven't read about Miyakoshiya before, please click my first Miyakoshiya post.

This past weekend I returned to Miyakoshiya for the Honey-Chocolate Pound Cake that I saw on the menu last time.  I imagined this to be a big hunk of chocolate pound cake with a taste of honey.  But, to my disappointment, this is what it turned out to be ...

hmmmf.

Two small, thin slices of slightly honey-flavored pound cake with chocolate chips.  The fresh whipped cream did add a nice flavor to it but it was not what I was hoping for.  It didn't taste bad, and most people would probably enjoy this.  And for only 263 円, it's not a bad deal.  It just didn't live up to my expectations.   

The saving grace was the French Blend Coffee and, again, it was strong and flavorful.    There was a posting for a brownie so perhaps I'll try that next time.

No comments: