Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Saint Marc Bakery / Restaurant サンマルク 022-307-4309

View from Akiu-dori (Route 286) going towards Sendai
IT IS WITH A HEAVY HEART THAT I WRITE THAT SAINT MARC IS NO LONGER AS OF TODAY, AUGUST 21, 2016.
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GREAT MEALS AND ALL THE GREAT BREAD!

Website:  http://www.saint-marc-hd.com/saintmarc/
Also look at the following website for coupons/map, etc.:  http://r.gnavi.co.jp/t247400/

Address:  宮城県仙台市太白区西多賀3-1-35.  On Akiu-dori in Nishitaga heading towards Akiu.  It’s on the right-hand side next to a コナカ men’s clothing store (the photo above is showing the opposite viewpoint).


Map:  Scroll down to the bottom.

Open everyday from 11:00 am – 10:30 pm.


Raisin, Chocolate, and Two Melon Pan Rolls
The main reason I go there:  BREAD!  And lots of it!  Some of the bread selections are just okay, and some are really good.  Plus, the chicken with mustard sauce (若鶏と彩り野菜のグリル) is delicious.   I usually order the chicken a la carte with the pan/coffee set, but on occasion I will order one of their many course meals.


若鶏と彩り野菜のグリル


But back to the bread:  When you order the bread set, a bread girl will come around your table every so often with her basket of different bread rolls.  Here is a list of some of the ones I like:  yomogi, mini croissant, wheat, basil, walnut, raisin, chocolate, strawberry, caramel, melon pan, apple pie, sesame stick, garlic, and French bread.   And these are only the ones “I” like.  There are more varieties to choose from, such as spice chapatti, sunflower seed, cheese, bacon, milk, and onion.  If you don’t see the type of roll that you want, don’t worry, they take requests.  If I’m in a particular mood for a certain type of bread, I’ll ask for two rolls for myself then shoot my wife the “order for me” look and she’ll order another one or two and then will give me what she doesn’t want.

Their coffee is also very good, which is another plus.

Speaking of pluses, be sure to sign up for their point card.  My wife and I eat here quite often and have been rewarded with free course meals, gift certificates, and bread rolls to take home.   And it seems like the points add up rather quickly, too.  We also receive postcards offering course meal discounts from time to time.

Saint Marc is a chain restaurant but it is not to be confused with the Saint Marc Choco-Croissant chain.  The restaurant is rather big and offers a non-smoking section and parking. 

In the evenings, a piano player will perform for your pleasure, which adds a nice touch.


Caesar Salad




My wife ordered the hamburger patty

This restaurant was recommended to me years ago by my friends Stephanie and Laura, who lived nearby in Nishitaga.  I am forever grateful for this.  They also recommended another restaurant that is across the side street from Saint Marc’s and that has also made my Favorite’s list
:  Curry House Sakura.

**For a more recent update of this restaurant, please click HERE.


View Larger Map

No comments: