Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Curry Shop Sakura カレーショップ桜蔵 022-307-6320



Address: 宮城県仙台市太白区西多賀3-1-25.  On Akiu-dori in Nishitaga heading towards Akiu.  It's on the right-hand side next to Saint Marc's Restaurant and a コナカ men's clothing store.


Map:  Scroll down to the bottom.




Lunch only:  11:00 – 3: 00.  
Closed Mondays and holidays.

This restaurant was also recommended to me by my friends Laura and Stephanie.  Sakura has made my list mainly for the taste of the curry, but it’s the incidentals that also make me want to patronize this restaurant.

But first, the curry:  It comes in sweet or spicy and in small, regular, and big serving sizes.  I like the spicy versions of both the chicken curry and the naan with chicken curry.  And it is SPICY!


Chicken Curry

You also have to try the banana pound cake.  It’s scrumptious!



Banana Pound Cake

And now to the incidentals:  Curry Shop Sakura is staffed by mentally challenged individuals and the restaurant helps support them and where they live.  You may have seen their red curry truck at festivals throughout Sendai.  I’ll be honest, I eat here for the food, but it is nice to know that the money I’m spending is helping people.

Plus, they have a stamp card (who doesn’t?).


View Larger Map

No comments: