Friday, October 14, 2011

TOKYO: Wolfgang Puck ウルフギャング・パック03-5775-5401


Address: 106-0032 東京都港区六本木5-5-1六本木ロアビル 1F.  Across from Don Quixote in Roppongi.   

Map:  Scroll down to the bottom.

Open:  Mondays thru Thursdays, Sundays, Holidays: 11:00 am – 10:30 pm. 
Fridays, Saturdays, and days before a holiday:  Open till 5 am. 

My wife and I were walking around Roppongi a couple of hours after having eaten an early lunch at Frijoles.  I had not planned nor particularly wanted to eat at Wolfgang Puck but we felt like having some dessert with some good coffee for a late afternoon snack, and we just happened to be in front of Wolfgang’s at the time.  We checked out their menu and we thought it would fulfill our needs. 

I had the apple crunch with vanilla ice cream.  It was very good but smaller than the image on the menu had indicated.  It reminded me of hot apple pie a la mode as the hot apples went well with the cold ice cream.  However, since it was labeled a “crunch” I expected it to be crunchy.  It wasn't.  The so-called crust was limp and didn't add any texture to the dessert.  Still, I did enjoy it.  Surprisingly, the coffee was nothing to write home about.  It was just so-so, so I guess it was disappointing.


Apple Crunch with Vanilla Ice Cream

By the way, that is not a regular-sized teaspoon in the photo above.  It's the kind of spoon restaurants give you to stir your coffee with.  Based on the average taste of the dessert and coffee, I don’t think I’d plan on ever coming back here.  I would only return if I just happen to be hungry, and in front of their restaurant, and all other nearby restaurants were closed.


View Larger Map

No comments: