Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wantsu-chi (Wan-zu-ji?) 万豚記 022-249-3336


Set Meal Menu for the Saturday that I went
Gyoza Set Meal

*I'M SORRY TO SAY THAT CURRENTLY WANTSU-CHI IS CLOSED.  FOR A WHILE, THEIR WEBSITE STATED THAT THEY WERE "TEMPORARILY" CLOSED.  BUT NOW THE WEBSITE IS ALSO DOWN SO I DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL RE-OPEN.  THE STREET THEY WERE LOCATED ON WAS HIT VERY HARD BY THE EARTHQUAKE AND MANY SHOPS HAVE BEEN TORN DOWN.  I WAS HOPING THEY WERE GOING TO REMODEL BUT WHO KNOWS?  HERE'S HOPING FOR THE BEST.

Website:  Not their official site, but one with info on them:      
             
http://www.kiwa-group.co.jp/restaurant/t100214.html
Address:  宮城県仙台市太白区長町1-4-1.  Located in between the Nagamachi and Nagamachi-ichome Subway Stations on the same road.  Also on the same side of the street as the Nagamachi JR Station.

Map:  Scroll down to the bottom.

Hours:  Closed Tuesdays.
            Wednesdays – Mondays:   11:00 – 3:00    and   6:00 – 11:30 pm.
            Sundays:   11:00 – 3:00   and    6:00 – 9:30 pm.

Great Chinese food.  I especially like the big gyoza set meal!  It’s not the set that is big, but it’s the gyoza: Around 13 centimeters or so.  The set meal comes with rice, egg soup, a bean sprout salad (that has miniscule bits of chicken) and a white gelatin dessert (杏仁豆腐).  I don’t like the dessert because … I’m picky, but the wife loves it.   My wife also gives the ramen a big thumbs up.  Other choices I like are the さくさくchicken set meal and the pork with cabbage set. 

They sometimes play Beatles or cheesy 80’s music.  When it’s 80’s night, I keep thinking, 懐かしい! I haven’t heard that song in years.  Oh yeah, I didn’t like that song did I?”

This restaurant chain actually has a few different locations in Sendai and they all have different names (which is helpful-hmmmf).  I went to one a long time ago on Minami-machi dori across from the old Brother Building that's called Benitorazen  紅虎禅.  Walking from Sendai Station it’s before you get to Meidi-ya Import Store on the same side of the street.  It’s next to a small conbini.  That restaurant had a different menu, but it was still very good.     
There is also one in Yamatomachi that I’ve heard is also very good, and the website lists one in Izumi.  Let me know if you’ve been to any of these or any others I don’t know about.

The Nagamachi location has free parking but it’s down the street.   Your best bet would be to pull over and run in and ask the staff where to park.                  

Unfortunately, they have no stamp card nor do they have a non-smoking section.


View Larger Map

2 comments:

Pirikara said...

I miss teishoku! I'd probably get the yurinchi karaage. :)

Picky in Sendai said...

Pirikara, yes, the yurinchi teishoku is also very good. The serving size is quite generous.