Saturday, October 8, 2011

Miyakoshiya Coffee 宮越屋珈琲 022-225-7111

UPDATE, OCT. 13, 2013:  UNFORTUNATELY, THIS CAFE IS NO LONGER IN BUSINESS AS A CAFE.  I VISITED MITSUKOSHI DEPARTMENT STORE YESTERDAY AND I FOUND THAT IT NOW ONLY SELLS COFFEE BEANS.
I WAS SORRY TO SEE THIS PLACE GO.
OH, WELL.
If you'd like, continue to read the post to see what you missed out on.

Website:  http://r.tabelog.com/miyagi/A0401/A040101/4008025/dtlphotolst


Address: Located on the 1st floor basement of Mitsukoshi Department Store (the former 141).

Map:  Click the "Location" link below.

Open everyday from 10 am – 7:30 pm. 




I’ve seen this place crowded every time I’ve passed it by, as well as inhale the wonderful aroma of coffee that lofts through the air nearby.  Well, today I finally had a chance to stop and give their cup of joe a try, and I’m so glad I did!

Since it was my first time I didn’t know whether I would prefer the Mild or the French Coffee, so I asked the waitress what was the difference.  She said the French Coffee (525) was a little more bitter and stronger than the Mild, so I went with the French.

It was good, very GOOD!   Not quite espresso, but pretty close.




I didn’t order anything else so I really don’t have anything else to write about.   They did have a honey-chocolate chip pound cake on the menu that sounds very delectable, but that’ll have to wait for another day.   

No comments: