Saturday, January 7, 2012

UPDATE #2: Billy's Sandwich


UPDATE: MONDAY, AUGUST 24, 2015.
IT IS WITH GREAT REGRET TO ANNOUNCE THAT BILLY'S IS NO LONGER.
I DROVE HERE LAST FRIDAY TO DINE ON YET ANOTHER FILLING AND FLAVORFUL SANDWICH ONLY TO DISCOVER THAT THE BUILDING WAS BEING DEMOLISHED.
I WISH THE OWNER, IIBUCHI-SAN, THE BEST, AND AM GRATEFUL FOR THE WONDERFUL LUNCHES SHE PROVIDED OVER HER FIFTEEN YEAR RUN.


Website:  http://www.billys.jp/


If you haven't read about Billy's before, please click my Billy's and Billy's Update posts.


A short update on Billy's.  Just got back from another delicious lunch at Billy's.  I went with my usual (Clubhouse w/avocado) and my wife with her usual (BLT half sandwich set).  But today's set came with 特製ポタージュスープ.


BLT Half Sandwich Set with 特製ポタージュ and Banana Mousse


This "Tokusei Pottage Soup" was a creamy mixture of vegetables including cauliflower, cabbage, celery, and others.  In my opinion, it didn't look so hot, but I tried a wee bit and it was DELICIOUS!


Today's set dessert was a choice between chocolate cake or banana mousse.  My wife chose the banana mousse and, unfortunately, ate it all before I could sneak a taste.  But she said it was yummy!


After coming to Billy's for many years, this was the first time we saw either of these items on the menu.  Perhaps Iibuchi-san (the owner) is trying out some new side items for the menu.  So far, it's working out good!


View Larger Map

No comments: